Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Compulsive Gambler



A compulsive gambler is a person who uses Play poker gaming as a narcotic. More than just needing to be in action, he has an emotional need to lose. That’s a fine distinction, but one worthy of noting. At that young age, I felt a powerful urge to be in action, to gamble. It was hard for me to turn down any opportunity. But the thing that kept my near addiction from reaching the compulsive stage was my drive to win. I was downright stubborn. Sure, I seemed to habitually find myself in situations where I had the worst of ii, but there were times, too, when the odds played overwhelmingly in my favor. No matter which the case was, my whole being cried out for victory. I never treated gambling as a form of self-punishment. Not consciously. That was always in my favor.

But we all have destructive urges. Seem like a reckless statement? It isn’t. It’s part of man’s nature to stand stubborn in the face of challenge. And many of us feel compelled to create challenges whenever none present themselves. This is not wholly unhealthy. In fact all champions share this trait. A person who skydives is tempting fate. He earns the exhileration of feeling alive.

But his activity is only healthy jf the subconscious payoff is survival and not death. We must learn to modify our flirtations with danger. Our psyches must be geared to deuling with fate while assuring ourselves that we have the best of it. When you learn to do this, you possess the temperament of a winning gambler. Challenge fate at even’ turn without modfving these destructive urges and, sooner or later, you will destroy yourself.

To be successful in the art of gambling, you must recognize that you have destructive urges, but you must treat these as a life motivating force to be controlled by YOU. The willingness to court danger, to jeopardize life or bankroll is admirable. But the undisciplined surrender to those compulsions can be terminal.

By returning to the Bridge Club under dangerous circumstances, I wasn’t using mature judgement. I had not yet learned to weigh probable gain against possible loss and decide, on that basis, whether on not to take chances.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://irunyzesal.o-f.com/usisotur.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=imtoo zune video converter 3.1.52.0201b ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you partake of the black methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg